I've been nominated for a Stylish Blog award by Alan, from Dux Homunculorum. Thanks mate, right back at you!
Apparently I've got to tell youze about me, so...
...10 things I know about me...
- I'm a Christian - that is that I acknowledge that Jesus is God, He came to Earth as a man, lived a perfect life, died to pay the price for my sins and was risen back to life by God on the third day (1 Cor 15: 3&4), and is now seated at the right hand of the Father. (Actually, the Nicene Creed - I was brought up in the Anglican church - kinda covers it...)
- I'm married, with two children.
- I teach Year 1 and 2 children (5 and 6 year olds) at an integrated Catholic school (though I'm not a Catholic myself - I attend Life Church (Pentecostal)). I love teaching, 'cept for the time it sucks up (55+ hours at school each week).
- I've been wargaming since 1991, when I was first introduced to DBA with plastic figures.
- About the same time, I started my first web site DE BELLIS LUDIS CUM HOMUNCULUS MOLLIUS, a GeoCities site...before GeoCities went down. All coded by hand. Hence, the spelling mistakes.
- I started Canterbury Miniatures (I created that spinning kiwi gif! If I had the money, I'd like that logo as a tatoo (minus "Canterbury Miniatures"), but I really can't justify it to myself - there's a great big hole in my sneakers that needs to be attended to first!) before I went teacher training, but never had the capital to really make it work. Stan's doing a much better job that I ever did!
- I love playing my electric guitar, both at school and at church.
- When I was 10, I made the cover of a couple of knitting patterns!
- I only went to Varsity (BA in History, after some fumbling around) 'cause I was rejected by the Air Force (athsma) - back in the day when there were no student fees...'cept for my last year. $1300, if I remember correctly.
- Oh yeah, which means, as of 2011, I'm, what, 42 years old. I think. 2011-1969=42 doesn't it?
- Plastic General, 'cause of his cool Warmaster armies in 20mm.
- Plastic Warriors, 'cause of his prolific output, and he's a good Kiwi bloke,
- Ferrous Lands, 'cause his 20mm figs are cool,
- Men in Boxes, 'cause, well, likewise, and
- Wargaming NZ, 'cause Robin's a top bloke with an ecclectic wargaming taste!