Sunday 10 October 2010

Early German Dragon

Good afternoon,

Here I have the final summation of my holiday's work. My Early German Dragon!







Not bad for a $2 Shop toy!

I'll use it alongside my Early German Ghosties to scare the pants off my EIRs. 'Cept the EIR Legionaries aren't wearing any pants...ah well, you get the idea.

Painting was fairly easy.
  1. Goblin Green/Navy Blue mix; Dwarven Brass base...

  2. ...Goblin Green; Shining Gold drybrush/highlight...

  3. ...with a little yellow and white highlight highlighting.

  4. The poor horsie is Beastal Brown with a bit of Devlan Mud shading.

In case anyone is wondering, the squished horse is a munted HaT Numidian animal that, due to some injudicious application of a craft knife was missing its hooves down its right side. So I just chopped it length ways down the middle and presto!

I'm quite looking forward to using this in a HOTT game. Could even use it for some VSF adventuring too, I guess.

I've got one other dragon to finish - a skeletal one for my Skellies, funnily enough. Another $2 Shop toy, as it happens. Its the only way I could afford these things!

Nick

5 comments:

  1. Nice!!! It'll make a good cousin for my Chaos Blue dragon.. still got another one to paint, ben pondering semi historical arthurian with a red dragon...

    You'll have to play in the HotT Carnage tournament which i think will be early December... Mwahahahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    A red dragon for Arthurians? Now there's a good idea. Got me some Late Romans that I wanted to make, well, Late Romans and Sub Roman Brits with...+ a Dragon? Cool! Then you could add a Mage and a Cleric (so long as they don't stand too close together!), beasts (wolves)...cool!

    HOTT Carnage? Cool!

    Cool!

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! Great painting and what makes it all the better is that the dragon was soooo cheap. nice find.
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Paul. NZ$2.00 is about 1 Euro! Just checked out your blog. Very flash!

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks mate and thanks for adding the link to my site. I´ll be off looking around the euro shops this weekend for a dragon..my favourite mythical creature.That reminds me..i have a couple of photos of one somewhere..i´ll have to dig them out. :-)
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete