Tuesday 6 April 2010

Steam Tank Update

Good morning,

Well, it's school holiday, so I've finally had some time to apply some paint to my Steam Tank. And yahoo! It's pretty much done!



As you can see, I chose to replicate the paint scheme that Andy applied to his (now my - yay!) Air Boat to try to give it more of a navy feel. I simply carefully applied some window masking tape, and mostly it worked quite well. The smoke is just some bear stuffing! Once it's based, I'm thinking of putting some down by the running gear.

Now for some closeups...







All in all, I'm really pleased with the silly little thing!

Next step, get Andy to base it for me to match the rest of his donated VSF army, and continue work on the Gardiner guns and crews.

Yay for school holidays!

Nick

7 comments:

  1. Great one. It looks very good for a scratchbuilt vehicles.

    I recommend one of my favorite books http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Difference_Engine to get some more ideas on that vsf/steampunk thing
    Regards,
    Cpt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy School Holidays Nick. I love the tank, and great choice of the dazzle camouflage. I'd like to see a whole fleet of 20-30 of them...

    Cheers,
    Alan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words gentlemen.

    Captain, thanks for the book reference, I'll look it up.

    Alan, yes, well, considering how long this one has taken me, I'm not so sure 20 or 30 would be, how can I put this, realistic?!

    ('Specially since I'm back to school next week to plan for this up coming term. Should be a good one though, we're doing a Kiwis in the Armed Forces inquiry unit...for 11 weeks...hence my need to apply some thought to it...)

    Cheers boys,

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking very sharp, and the naval splinter disruptive pattern suits it completely.

    Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Paul.

    Now if only I could get anywhere near your levels of output, I might be able to finish some armies!

    Cheers,

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the airship looks great. I like the naval camouflage pattern you painted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Andrew,

    As it happens, it's not my work! It was donated to me by Andy Gorman, which was very kind. I just plonked the Gardener Guns and crew atop the finished product.

    And yes, I agree. It looks way cool! Well done that man!

    Cheers,

    Nick

    ReplyDelete