Just a quick post before I get down to the drudgery of [school] planning for next week (the children I love. The time sink that is all the other stuff...not so much).
Anyway, after a bit of humming and harring, counting and re-counting, I decided to rebase the Sarge's figs for DBA-HX (Humberside Extension, that brings DBA out so's you can play with armies up to 1900 A.D.). If Stan remembers correctly, 60mm by 20mm bases can also work for Shako. I can also put them on a sabot base (two elements per base) for Volley and Bayonet, so...cool!
DBA-HX suggests four figures for Musket elements, but Sarge's three figures to a 30mm by 20mm base looked too cool, so I decided to base them at five figures. For me, this gives more of an impression of shoulder to shoulder mass musketry.
Obviously I haven't finished the bases yet, and in fact have only really started pulling Sarge's bases apart to rebase them, but I'm pleased with the results so far.
Thanks again Sarge,