Wednesday 26 April 2017

An Epic 200 Point Encounter

Good afternoon,

About this time last week Bruce and I were playing a 200 point X Wing Epic game with the Big Boys (including Vader on the Decimator), Soontir, Dark Curse, Backstabber, Luke and Wedge.

It was a blast.

We set up...


...with me not noticing that large field of debris in front of my fighters...


...and got into it.



Wedge was denied actions, and, well, Luke...missed!

Worse than that...


...he got Ioned and just a little crushed by his dad!

The Boys close...over the ripples in Space Time...


...while the fighters continue to tangle.


Oh, good grief, Wedge is denied actions again...



...Luke gets taken apart by a Back Stabber...



...and Wedge gets eviscerated by the Raider.

Ah man!

Still...




...at least the Corvette took some form of revenge on Soontir.

The Raider plows on, missing Dark Curse by a mere millimeter!

Curses!


To add insult to injury...



...the front section of the CR-90 gets taken down. With most of my upgrades.

However, another slight miscalculation...




...and Back Stabber flies into the rear of Dodana's Pride.


Inflicting a crit.

Seeing as it seemed like a quick way to inflict injury...




...Bruce flies Dark Curse into the Corvette.

Seems a bit harsh, but then again...


This time, it only inflicts a hit.

Next turn, somehow...rear quad laser cannons I think...


...I inflict a crit on the Raider's rear, which in turn inflicts two hits on it's front.

Huzzah! Sorta.

Still...




...the writing was on the wall. Or ship bases, as it happens.

It was a great game, much closer than I thought it would end up once I lost my X's.

Thanks Bruce,

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment