Sunday 24 January 2016

Brucie's Epic X Wing Bash Game 1

Good afternoon,

Young Bruce and I got together for an X Wing game (or two) a couple of days ago at his place. Hence his kids looking on. The eldest of whom I'm [collaboratively] teaching again this year. The next eldest of whom I'm [collaboratively] teaching again next year.

I had yet to play with my CR-90, so I took around 150 points of Imperial and Rebel Huge and Small ships for an engage/encounter mission - head to head.



And so it begins.We both send the big boys head to head. The little fellas scoot around the outside.




I suddenly realise that I can't bring my single turbo laser to bear from the rear so try to heave the Corvette to starboard.


Bruce unleashes the Raider's own Turbo Laser...



... to somewhat devastating effect.

 Bother.

 I swing the Corvette around to port...





...unleashing some quad laser goodness of my own.

Next round, Nightbeast runs into the rear of the Corvette...


...for no damage, unfortunately.

So I just continue to move lazily to the left. I know some manoeuvres!


All the while getting pounded by the Raider, and sniped by the TIE - who's now too close for me to shoot at it with my main and rear weapons, and is out of ark for my anti-fighter weapons.


Broadside!



But not before that pesky TIE finally cripples my aft section.

Bother.

However...




...I do get some revenge as I swing the CR-90's huge arse to the right!

Boom!

Unfortunately...





...the writing was on the wall. And the Raider was virtually untouched!

So, we swapped sides and set to it again.

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment