Sunday 9 August 2015

X Wing South Island Regionals Game 3

Decimator vs. Vadermator!

Good evening,

I should be ironing for the morning, but, well...

Here Alex rocked out with yet another dratted Tie Defender (Colonel Vessery) with Heavy Laser Cannons and...a Vadermator! Oicon Decimator playing host to Vader hisself.

We set up head to head with the big boys. Soontir kept close...


...till he realised that he'd be easy meat for the Dark Lord of the Sith.

(Vader can cause two damage to his own ship to inflict one crit. Against which there is no defence. Yikes!)


I fly on, Alex hangs a left.


To the demise of Soontir.

Drats!


I hang a green 2 so that I can clear my stress, play Expose and a target lock courtesy of Experimental Interface.



With some success.

Huzzah!

At this point I was ahead in hull points, as Vader had ripped up part of Oicon's Decimator.

As well as being ahead in the race!


Also at this point, my phone battery gave out.

Bother!

The rest of the game was quite a nail biter. Alex cut his Decimator into the center, I pulled in behind him...and ran into him...and took damage at least twice from his Anti Pursuit Lasers. As well as from his turret.

And so, we came to the end. I was on one hull left, so was he. I had the higher pilot skill. All I needed to do was hit, and the game would be mine. I rolled. Two foci and a blank. And...since we were both carrying a Rebel Captive, we both had stress' piled on...so I had no focus counters! Arghh!

In return, in the best possible way to finish that I could imagine...Alex Vader'd both of us dead!

Ha! Brilliant!

Right up until I realised that I had forgot to use my Gunner upgrade!

Arggghhhhh!!

Next game...and I was facing Alex again, as our relative positions hadn't changed.

This time he took out Soontir early, with less damage to the Vadermator. It was a much quicker game...bother it!

Last game, and I went down to table 8...and another drubbing. (Alex went into the top 8, if memory serves.)

Well, perhaps drubbing was a bit harsh. It was another great game, this time against another Andy, who was playing an IG and two gunned up Y Wings. The Rear Admiral went down quickly (brutally quickly!), but Soontir was the man! He was able to whizz around, dodge arcs, and he eventually took out the two Ys...finally meeting his match with the IG. Still, I had stripped the 'bot's shields, so...yeah. Another really fun game. Very cool.

In the end I got the top...of the bottom half! Quite an improvement considering my last outings!

A great day gaming against some great opponents, and...

A good time was had by all!

Cheers boys,

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment