Saturday 21 January 2017

I Am Sparaticus!!

Good evening,

Here I present to you...my Sparaticus semi-historical Roman Slave Revolt HOTT army.
  • 1 Hero General element @ 4AP
  • 4 Gladiator elements (Bd) @ 2AP ea.
  • 1 Elephant element (Bh) @ 4AP
  • 1 Cavalry element (Cv) @ 2 AP
  • 1 element of Hunting Dogs (Bs) @ 2AP
  • 4 elements of Revolting Peasants (Hd) @ 1 AP ea.


Some close ups. My Hero General...




...backed up by the Ghosts of subjected slaves past. Atlantic figures. (These I rebased from my first Gladiator's element.)

Then Gladiators...




...who have freed themselves from the Circus. Atlantic.

Speaking of Circus'...



...an Elephant. A toy elephant, as it happens. Painted for me by Mark O, roughly fifteen years ago. I simply replaced the Revel Pretorian rider with this Atlantic Roman.

I've already posted these cav.


Model train dogs.


And four Horde elements. Esci figs, with some head and conversions of HaT Triarii...




...to represent the gear picked up the the plebs from the battlefield. I know HaT's Alexander's Lights would have been more appropriate, but, well...I didn't have any spare!

And so, another army done, and in record time - 24 days from the first completed element to the last!

Who'dathunkit?

Nick

14 comments:

  1. Very nicely done, and 'ghosts' are a great addition, I recognized Atlantic figures, nice idea Nick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. I've been wanting to do something with these for ages.

      Delete
  2. Very nice work Nick - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monty. They won't win any awards, but, hey, they're painted!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Robin. Now to game with them...when are you free?! :-)

      Delete
  4. It's nice to see someone still uses the Atlantic ancients. I still remember playing with those figures as a kid. I still have my collection of them. The Trojans are still my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. These were actually a gift from...I want to say a nice chap up north. I've been wanting to use those civilian/slave figures for, well, since I got them. Never had any of the Trojans. They had the armoured chariots, right?

      Delete
  5. NO!! I´m Spartacus!!:-)
    Great stuff..love the idea of the ghosts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. Not a scratch on yours, but...I'm happy with them!

      Delete
  6. They don't call you 'speedy nick' for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, they don't call me Speedy Nick at all! I surprised myself with these and the Marians - the Army Painter dip doesn't produce outstanding results, but it has encouraged me to cut back on the layering.

      Delete
  7. Your slave army is very good indeed, and I must say that, as for other people here, it is something to see these Atlantic minis of old... I only have one set of gladiators, you have many of them, nice :) The ghost idea is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. These are the only Atlantic figs I have. They are full of character!

      Delete