A while back I decided to try my hand at Kings of War in 28mm through the medium of second hand GW figs. (And then I got a bit carried away with new Mantic Skellies...but that's another story...), and I've finally got around to fixing up the basing.
(These blokes were already painted, I just dipped and dulled them.)
They are 'sposed to be ranked shoulder to shoulder, five wide per row, but, well...I didn't have enough figures for that, and...some of these blokes just won't! What with arms and blades everywhere, many can't fit side by side. So I've based them four abreast, and filled the gap with air drying clay. Thusly...
I'm currently working through a regiment of Ax, based likewise.
These were especially awkward, as many are leaning forward with their weapons reaching further forward again. I had to move them around so their weapons would fit in between the gaps of the rank in front of them.
Final gaps to be filled over the weekend.