Monday 12 January 2015

Bruce Masters His As and Bs

Good morning,

Right, after our first game, Bruce was dead keen for another. So...same lists, same sides, slightly different asteroid placement...and away we went.

Note the keep-'em-all-together deployment taken by young Bruce. He's learning.

Drats!


Note how I've spread mine out so that first past only two of my five ships can shoot.

Drats!



First hits (post shields) on the Decimator, and...

Drats!


There goes my ability to run in to others to cause damage! And Expert Handling, to shake off target locks. Arghh!


Another crit on the Dauntless reduces firepower by a third. Arghh!



Bruce tries to do a red maneuver whilst stressed. Cool, I get to change someone else's dial for the first time. Ever.

I try to fly him onto a rock...


...but miss instead.


Still, the anti pursuit lasers manage to strike. Cool!


Alas...



Boom!


Now this time I dial a red whilst stressed. (I couldn't see the stress marker, the space cow was in the way!)

So...



...Bruce flies him off the table!

Arghh!

You know that second ongoing critical effect that was sitting on the Dauntless? Well...



Arghh!

Yep, Bruce was learning. He had been concentrating on the Devastator. Now to take out the rest...



Arghh!



And one Tie flies away home!

Great games Bruce, and if I've learnt one thing...give him an inch, and he'll take a mile!

Nick

2 comments:

  1. Ouch!

    I think you'll need to stop giving Bruce inches...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite right! He is a quick learner...bother it!

      Delete