Wednesday 19 January 2011

EIRs Finally Finished!

Good evening,

Finally, after far too long, all of my Early Imperial Romans are painted!

These two were the last...








...well, for the time being! I do plan to swap out the bolt shooters on Mark Ottley's scratch built carroballistas for HaT's ones...

Note, the generals are both conversions - Esci Roman torsos atop (1) HaT Imperial Roman cav legs, and (2) Napoleonic cavalry legs (which are just a little too bow legged!).

Also note, the generals are sitting atop Newline Celt horses (their Roman cav I thought was way too skinny - I've still used them though, I just can't remember for what...oh, hang on, haven't I put them aside for my Sparaticus HOTT army?), with their flanking compatriots being, respectively left to right, Praetorian cav and Auxilia cav, but with Praetorian shields.

On further reflection, I should have used Praetorians for both and swapped over the standard from the Auxilia cav. Ah well.

While I was pottering away with these, I also pottered along with a couple more Gallic Warband elements. Airfix, Esci, Italeri and Revell all mixed up.


To celebrate, I plan to have a follow up WMA game from two years ago, featuring the aforementioned EIRs and my Raetian Goblins.


But this time everything's painted! Wha Hoo!

Nick

9 comments:

  1. Boy you have been busy Nick. Well done and good luck.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Paul,

    Yep, it's been my idea of a holiday. Sitting here squirrilling away hours on end with my dollies!

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dollies! I hope you mean little man figures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm, err, yeah...! I blame Stan, he started calling them dollies!

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief! Wait til I tell Al...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Calling bods dollies....never!! :-D
    Quite a good nickname for em really.
    Nice...I like the officer conversions.
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete