Another quick update - I've now filled the seams of the fuselage, attached the tail and main planes and getting annoyed that I didn't get the right paints last weekend!
To get the main planes even I should have rigged up some sort of jig that ensured the right dihedral. Instead, I tried to do it by eye!
The jury is still out whether or not this will be good enough...
And Andy was right - there is some considerable filling to be done in the wing roots (which is why I've left off the gun barrels 'till I've finished filling and sanding and stuff).
Well done to Paul who's all but finished his Tempest. Nice job he's done on it too.