Friday 11 January 2013

...Are Cool!

Good evening,

Here is the second report of Bruce and my HOTT evening a few days back. Hang on, that doesn't sound right...

Anyway, Bruce again chose to take the Skellies, so I thought to try again with the EIRs, this time swapping out Mars for a Behemoth, and the Rider for an Early Imperial Catafract (they started to develop their own about the time of the Dacian War).


Anyway, Bruce selected his own army this time, we rolled, he was the defender so he set 'em up...


...I did likewise...


...and away we went. Again.

Bruce quickly moved out his Aerial Hero. Again. But this time supported by a Flyer.



And then started to work around my left flank. To counter which, I, well, could do little.


Still, I did what I could. I moved over a Blade...



...who was lucky to survive, and then my mounted assets.



However, the more observant of you will have noticed the Skellie riders coming across from the centre in one of the previous picies. And so, it hit the flank of my Knight.



Rats! I don't think that element has done anything useful anytime I've used it!

So I pull back to defend the hill...


...while my other legion/cohort/three Blades + my Hero finally come through the forest to face the Hordes on the hill.


I immediately start moving my Hero to the West.

And just like that, Bruce flies that beastly beastie straight back, and flies the flyers over behind the poor blade facing off against the Beasts, potentially unleashing the explosive buttocks of death.


Which he did.


Still, one good turn deserves another!


Or so I hoped.


Instead, Bruce just flew the flyers away over the Legionaries out to the East.

(I think that's right, right?)

But at least he left behind his riders for me to mob...


...or so I thought!


Oh, come on!

Then Bruce unleashes those dratted aerial elements again.



Drats!



Double drats!

And that was the game.

That Aerial Hero, well...Aerial Heroes Are Cool!

Nick

2 comments:

  1. Maaaate, what's happening, trounced by a rank amateur? ;)
    Loads of visual appeal, looks you had fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it!

    Bruce is a bit of a boardgames whiz, so he's used to seeing which critical decisions have to be made!

    Yep, a good time was had by all. It's hard to get too upset over plastic soldiers!

    ReplyDelete