Tuesday 15 January 2013

Star Wars X Wing Miniatures Game

Good evening,

My star field map that I had ordered from Hotz Mats arrived today, so Matthew and I had another couple or three quick games of X Wing, but this time it looked sufficiently pretty to photograph!

First game...












...to the Imperials. Me.

Game two...








...to the Imperials. Matthew.

Game three was also won by the Imperials, but it was much closer and this time the X Wing was destroyed by flying into an asteroid!

It's a great game, I've had some fantastic dogfights that have lasted quite a while. I'm looking forward to getting more minis for it...when they come into the country. Apparently Fantasy Flight Games, the producers, ran out!

Nick

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty indeed :)

    How did Darth Vader know what Luke was getting for Christmas?....
    He felt his presents.

    Similar to a joke...perhaps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Felt his presents! Ha! That's very good John!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mat is the dogs crackers mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite right Fran. Pretty cheap too - to buy one retail here in Christchurch would cost almost twice as much.

      Delete
  4. Hey,

    I just found out about this game and have purchased a core set plus some expansions. (Still waiting for them to arrive from the UK as they seem to be sold out everywhere else.) I was wondering if you know of any gaming groups that are playing this in Christchurch?

    Ki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ki, joist found your comment. Sorry for the delay in my reply. I think they play it at the shirty club, Thursday nights.

      Delete
  5. Very nice matt, a bit expensive for me though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough, though I thought it to be quite reasonable. 'Twas half the price of the GF9 product from the local store, and that included freight from Canada.

      Delete
    2. And I think it was a Christmas present from the wife!

      Delete