Friday, January 4, 2013

More Sarmatians Take Two

Sorta - the bases have yet to be finished.

Good evening,

Here are the results of my re-horsing four, well, horses of the two Sarmatian elements from my last post.





Interestingly, the HaT LIR Medium Cav are noticeably taller than the Italeri Mongol ponies, so I've cut the horses off their bases and PVA'd them directly to their DBA (and Warmaster Ancients) bases. I'm guessing they'll be stable enough when I sand and flock them.

Notice also I've re-headed that Greek. Swapped out that Phrygian helmet'd head for an old Aifix Roman head that I had lying around. Made the rider look a little less obviously Greek!

Nick

6 comments:

  1. Looking good Nick, I hope you get them all finished before school goes back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. We'll see...we've got some builders moving in on Monday to start earthquake repairs (just some minor stuff) but it means I'm being kicked out of the lounge for the last couple of weeks of my holiday. Sigh. Matthew's desk's full of computer, Kelsey's full of...well, clothes mostly, and there ain't room much anywhere else. I may end up going back to work to paint there!

      Delete
  2. Looking nice, heavy and fierce! Good work...
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. Just the effect I'm after!

      Great work on your latest WW2 post too. The animated gunfire looks cool!

      Nick

      Delete
    2. Thanks a lot...Oh, I'm the 100th! Congrats!
      Phil.

      Delete
    3. Ha! Excellent! Thanks Phil, that's made quite a milestone!

      Delete