Wednesday 31 December 2014

Works in Progress

Good morning,

I've been happily painting away at that pile of plastic previously posted...


...and was all ready to base up my first finished Persian sarabara bow element, when I double checked the basing requirements of DBA 3 to see, low and behold, they need to be on a 60 by 60mm base. Ahh. That'd make 8 20mm figures look quite sparse, when I believe the intention is to represent a big bunch of blokes.

So, pondering that, and needing more figures anyway for the additional 2 7Hd elements for the updated Early Achaemenid Persian list, I purchased another box of Zvezda Persian infantry from Stan while I was over there on Sunday. Only to discover that, in addition to the massed Persians I now possessed, I now had a bunch of additional archers. So...






...let me introduce you to my 12Bw elements of my DBA 3.0 I/60c Early Achaemenid Persian army.




Oh my, that's a lot of figures to paint!

Nick

7 comments:

  1. Certainly is quite a few figures .. so get on with it ;-)

    Hope you are having a restful Xmas season
    R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Well, the next bunch are ready for undercoat, while the first bunch are almost done.

      Man, I wish I could paint faces!

      Delete
    2. Nick

      Easiest 'cheat' way to do faces.. block paint, and then use your black wash. For a gaming figure seen at arms length that is all you need. I dislike the 'let's paint eyeballs' look.. it's never how you see people at a distance in real life.

      R

      Delete
  2. Any progress is progress Nick. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul. 'Course, now it's raining, so I can't undercoat the next batch.

      Delete
  3. That's a lot of Persians. They'll look quite smashing when done. Robin Sutton gives sage advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. That's what I'm hoping. And Robin's right. A good splodge of dark wash does wonders.

      Delete