Friday 17 July 2015

Practicing for Cav Con

Good afternoon,

You know how I said that I didn't have a report of the last game I had with Tim? Well...I do...and I don't. These photos are from some practice games I had with him at his place the day before. Check out his new mat. It's lovely!

I trotted along to Tim's with a list I had seen here (great, great minis there, by the way) to try out my new E Wing and a couple of Bs. Everyone seems to love Bs, so I thought to try some myself.


First game - on Tim's new mat, with is cool as asteroids - and I try to use the Blue Squadron B as bait to get Tim's Bro-Bots into the asteroids.







Boom! Tim kept pounding on it 'till it broke!

An S Loop later and...



...pop goes Corren.

I concede, and Tim suggests swapping out Bluey for Airen Cracken, as he can hand out a free action to Ten.


So we go again.




Cracken doesn't last long!

And even with Corren double tapping...





...he too dies in quick order.

Again I concede, and after a quick double check home about that evenings dinner arrangements, we try for one more game.

Unfortunately, I hang Ten out to dry pretty early on...





...to pretty predictable results.

Then it was a simple matter for Tim...


...to first...


...take down Cracken...







...and finally chase down Corren. Who surprised me in how long he lasted.

And that's pretty much how my last game at Cav Con went! In both cases one of the Bros was pretty hurt, but Tim kept maneuvering him/it out of harms way.

Well played Tim, well played!

Thanks for the practice and advice,

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment